Tuesday 4 December 2012

Interview // Chad Valley

Newsday number 1; IN THE BAG! I celebrated early by going to Resident Advisor X WHP on Saturday (It was my last one of the year, pass the tissues :'( ), I had a rad time meeting the three up- for-a-rave Irish chaps we found in Room 1 during Apparat and a group of wonderful new Manchester faces' of whom made me feel very welcome indeed, never feeling so happy as I did during 90% of Orbital's set and bouncing off the walls on my own to Julio Bashmore! I also did philly cheese steaks and mulled cider with FreedomSpark Katie and went to see Passion Pit with my lovely Jadey who came to the city for the evening earlier on in the month; we swooned, caught up on life by being overly girly and drank too many pints before I had to go to work, ooops! But I did manage to Interview the  terrific Hugo Manuel of Chad Valley who also played. We talked "A&R vultures" and their attempts to wine and dine him along with one crazy night in Paris; it was great to speak to the man behind the falsetto as 'Equatorial Ultravox' is definitely up there in my fave EP's of 2011. Anyway, it's all over on Noisey here, ch-ch-ch-check it out!
Words by Yours Truly X

No comments:

Post a Comment